Problem with Outlook 2011 (mac) and images

SpamSieve fails to identify spam when the email contains an attached image. Moreover, in such cases, it fails to even log the email in SpamSieve Log.log. If no attachment is present, SpamSieve works properly. Also, SpamSieve always works properly in Apple Mail on the same machine.

Steps I have taken to try to fix the issue:

1. Uninstalling/re-installing SpamSieve
  2. Systematically trying all options in Outlook Preferences -> Reading -> “Automatically download pictures from the internet:”

None of the above have fixed the problem. Your advice is much welcome.

Software versions:

SpamSieve 2.9.19
Mac OSX 10.10.2
Outlook 14.4.8

Thanks,
Jeremy

Please follow the instructions on the Checking the Outlook Setup page and also check for any errors in the system Console.

None of those pertain to attachments.

Are you using a POP, IMAP, or Exchange account?

Thanks for the prompt reply, Michael.

Please follow the instructions on the Checking the Outlook Setup page and also check for any errors in the system Console.

I verified all steps in the set-up instructions (except step #5 because I’m not using an IMAP account).

The error console shows errors for each of the uncaught spam messages. See attached screenshot image.

The account in question is an Exchange account.

You are running into a bug in Outlook. If you send me an e-mail, I can get you a pre-release version of SpamSieve that tries to work around this problem.

SpamSieve 2.9.20 will retry automatically if there is a problem getting the message’s source from Outlook.