SpamSieve stopped looking at mail

Hello!

A couple of days ago I noticed a large influx of spam in my inbox. (This wasn’t entirely unusual as I haven’t yet bothered to figure out the whole “what happens when my Mac goes to sleep” issue, so SpamSieve is currently awesome during the day and useless at night. However, I assume that there is a way to deal with that so it’s not what I’m asking about.)

The logs and stats have not been updated in days, even though the Mac has restarted in that time, and other than system reboots Airmail has restarted in that time as well. SpamSieve is in my Dock and appears to be running happily, but it has stopped doing anything. Here are my statistics:

Filtered Mail
0 Good Messages
0 Spam Messages
0 Spam Messages Per Day

SpamSieve Accuracy
0 False Positives
0 False Negatives
100.0% Correct

Corpus
1,898 Good Messages
3,458 Spam Messages (65%)
518,641 Total Words

Rules
4,152 Blocklist Rules
1,313 Whitelist Rules

Showing Statistics Since
1/21/15, 2:27 PM

Note that if I go back a week from the above time (which appears to be one minute after the last time SpamSieve detected either ham or spam) the statistics look significantly better:

Filtered Mail
554 Good Messages
1,127 Spam Messages (67%)
113 Spam Messages Per Day

SpamSieve Accuracy
5 False Positives
0 False Negatives (0%)
99.7% Correct

Corpus
1,898 Good Messages
3,458 Spam Messages (65%)
518,641 Total Words

Rules
4,152 Blocklist Rules
1,313 Whitelist Rules

Showing Statistics Since
1/14/15, 2:27 PM

If I quit and relaunch SpamSieve I get the normal log message, e.g.

=====================================================================
Launched: 2.9.18 (2918030) on Mac OS X 10.10.1
Date: 2015-01-24 20:22:54 +0000

…but nothing thereafter, even if I manually train a spam in AirMail.

I am using AirMail 2.0.3 and I did check to make sure that I had not accidentally unchecked “Use SpamSieve”. SpamSieve says that it is the most current version (2.9.18) and my “strategy” setting is on the fourth notch (half-way between the middle and “aggressive”).

Any ideas?

Sorry, I didn’t fully follow the protocol from SpamSieve Manual: What information should I include when I report a problem?

Information about your e-mail setup
Do you access your e-mail from multiple computers?

Yes.

If so, on how many of them is SpamSieve installed?

Only the one.

If you are using SpamSieve with the same e-mail account on multiple Macs, which one of the four approved setups are you using?

I use “1. Run SpamSieve on a single Mac and let it clean your inbox.” I don’t leave email clients open on any other machines, but I do sometimes check my mail or send a mail from one of those machines.

Do you access your e-mail from a mobile device such as an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or BlackBerry?

iPhone, iPad, until recently an Android device (running K-9 Mail). Push is disabled, Fetch is manual on iPhone, hourly on iPad. (An oversight. I am setting it to manual now.)

Are you using SpamSieve with multiple e-mail accounts? If so, does the problem pertain to all of them?

Yes, and presumably yes.

Checking that box is all that you should need to do to make Airmail filter the messages through SpamSieve. However, it seems to not be doing that, because you are not getting any entries in the log. Perhaps Airmail is encountering an error. After Airmail has received a new batch of messages, please follow the instructions on the Sending in an Error Report page and send your log to me via e-mail.

I never received this information from smscotten, so I’m assuming that the problem is resolved.