Multiple Computers, Smart Phones, etc.

We need a better solution than what SpamSieve currently offers. One user suggested a cloud service. That works for me. But, how about a merge capability so that we can merge our training data. That would help everything except our phones and iPads. At least it is a step forward. Please do something better than what currently exists!!!

It’s not clear to me what you mean by “better.” What is the problem that you’re trying to solve?

I generally do not recommend merging training data, as that tends to reduce the filtering accuracy. But if that’s what you’re after, you could use the drone setup to filter multiple accounts and have them share the same training data.

More info

There are lot of solutions for multiple computers in your manual, but all involve us making a computer basically a mail server. McAfee offers a spam service that is cloud based that works for everything I do. It gets rid of the nasty stuff. I then use your product more to separate junk mail from my regular mail. However, it drives me crazy when I train something as good (like this forum) only to find it in spam because I accessed on a different computer. You have a great product, but you need to do more to make it work for my iPad, iPhone and multiple Macs. A cloud based service might be the answer and I still think for me a merge would work if you had is set up so that rules had dates and times in them. We/you could have a merge script that runs daily. They would be a big help for the macs although it does nothing for my other devices. Help us!

SpamSieve whitelists messages from this forum by default. So if those are going to the Spam mailbox, it’s either not because of SpamSieve or something is messed up in your setup. Please follow the instructions on the [What information should I include when I report a problem?](http://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/what-information-
should) page and send in a report via e-mail so that I can help you.

This is why it’s best to start out by describing the exact problem that you are seeing, rather than jumping ahead to what you think the solution should be. If the source of the problem ends up not being what you thought it was, the proposed solution won’t help.

When you originally said “we can merge our training data,” I thought you were referring to multiple users. I do not recommend merging training data from multiple users. Now it sounds like you mean a single user with multiple Macs. In that case, I think the proper solution is (automatic) synchronization (via cloud), not (manual) merging. That’s what I’m working towards.

For now, I would be interested to hear whether you’ve tried the drone setup. If it doesn’t meet your needs, what was the problem and which one of the multi-Mac setups did you choose instead?