Change default folder for "Save PDF to EF"

I would like to change the default folder to which PDFs are automatically saved when using the printing service.

Currently, they end up in “Records,” but I’d like to put them automatically into a “holding folder” from which I can then move them to the appropriate folder in EF, once I read them.

I know I can use the “options” choice, but I’d like to avoid some keystrokes.

I’d like to do the same with ScanSnap, and automatically put scanned PDFs into a “holding folder.”

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance.

For what it’s worth, EagleFiler is designed so that the top-level folder is the holding folder. You can see all the unprocessed files under the Unfiled smart folder, and they will also be tagged as “unread”.

Yes, if you hold down the Option key, EagleFiler will prompt you for a folder (which it will remember between launches).

You could also create an AppleScript (saved as a application) that imports into a particular folder and use that instead of “Save PDF to EagleFiler”. For example, this script:

on open _files
    tell application "EagleFiler"
        tell library document 1
            set _folder to library record "holding folder" of root folder
            import files _files container _folder
        end tell
    end tell
end open

would be saved in the folder:

/Users/<username>/Library/PDF Services/

as “Save PDF to Holding Folder.app”.

When importing from a scanner, you can actually choose any folder that you want.

Thank you for these comments, and for the AppleScript. These are exactly what I was hoping to learn! I had not discovered the “Unfiled” tag, and this gives me exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.