Excluding one email account

While posting this, I timed out. So, this may be a repeat request. How can I exclude one my five email accounts from Spam Sieve, even if just temporarily?

Assuming you are using Apple Mail, create your rule as shown in Step 3, except that instead of saying “Every Message” you should have one “Account” line for each account that you do want to be filtered by SpamSieve.

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 8.49.20 PM.png

I tried exactly what you said and I’m getting tons of spam. Is it just a question of re-teaching the mail program what is spam and what isn’t? Or did I do something wrong? I attach a screen shot, which looks identical to Step 3 but has 4 accounts, all of which I’d like to have filtered. I omitted the fifth account, the one that I want to receive everything form
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 8.49.20 PM.png

You do not need to retrain SpamSieve just because you edited the rule. The rule needs to be called “SpamSieve”. You can do the test described on this page to make sure the rule is working.

In trying to do the initial screen capture I now see that the SpamSieve rule title was erased. Attached is the restored rule image. I tried the test as per your suggestion (using the restored title) and it shows that the rule is not working. As stated in an earlier post everything was working fine when I used the “all” as opposed to the desired outcome of using SpamSieve on four of my five accounts. What else might work?
Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at 9.24.31 AM.png

The only time I’ve ever seen a rule like this not work was when the messages were not actually in a mailbox for one of the listed accounts.

Another option is that you could go back to the regular “Every Message” SpamSieve rule, but above it you put a rule like:

Description: Exclude <Your Account>
If any of the following conditions are met:
Account <Your Account>
Perform the following actions:
Stop evaluating rules

The disadvantage to this is that then you cannot have any subsequent rules that process the messages for this account.

At the top of your reply you say that this rule has invariably worked unless the messages were not in the mailboxes of those accounts. I mentioned in an earlier thread that these email accounts are automatically forwarded to my main account. Perhaps that is the nub of the problem. To reiterate: I have 4 POP accounts that feed into a fifth IMAP account. Ideally, I’ld like all the email that’s specifically address to my IMAP account to have no filtering while the four feeder accounts are fully SpamSieved. Is this do-able?

Everything I wrote in this thread was presuming that the messages are actually going into separate accounts in Mail. It sounds like you instead want a SpamSieve rule that looks something like:

Description: SpamSieve
If any of the following conditions are met:
Any recipient does not contain <Your IMAP Address>
Perform the following actions:
Move message to mailbox Spam

This assumes that the POP accounts are being redirected (not forwarded) so that the To line still shows one of the POP addresses rather than the IMAP address.

Thank you so much. I think we finally got it the way I’d like it!