Outlook 2011 import question

I’m new to EagleFiler and want to import my Outlook 2011 messages. If I understand this correctly, EagleFiler stores files in their original format and location. Is this true for Outlook messages as well? I want to import a large volume of Outlook messages and be able to move them out of Outlook since I have limited space for my account on the server. Is there a way to send the messages to EagleFiler and then remove them from Outlook or am I thinking about this in the wrong way? I appreciate any help you can offer.

EagleFiler never stores files in their original location. It always copies them into its library.

EagleFiler normally does keep files in their original format, but this is generally not true of e-mails. The e-mails in Outlook are stored in Outlook’s own database format. When you import them into EagleFiler, it converts them to the standard mbox format.

Yes, that’s normally what people do. The Importing Mail From Outlook page explains how you can import the messages. After the import is complete, you can delete them from Outlook.

Thanks very much!

Thanks very much for this helpful information!