Is it possible to prevent the label-color from showing up in the file list?

Good evening,

I’m currently trying out EF and there are a few things I need to know:

1. Some of my files are labeled green (in the filesystem). I cannot change that. EF highlights them green in it’s menus. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? To be clear: it’s not about the label itself, it’s about that EF highlights the whole line in green, which isn’t very optical appealing to me, so I’d like to prevent that.
  2. Is there a way to use punctuation characters in the EF’s tags? I tried tagging files with the label “c’t” which always gets split up into “c” and “t”. I know it doesn’t seem to be a big issue, but it’s something that bothers me.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Do you mean that you want the files to be labeled green but that you don’t want the green to show in EagleFiler? There’s currently no way to change this in the records list. For the menus, there is an undocumented esoteric preference. You can click here to turn the label colors on or click here to turn them off.

The following punctuation characters are currently allowed in EagleFiler tag names:

-_@+$*/~()|%^&]{}=#.!«»:

I will look into whether can be added.

Hey Michael,

Do you mean that you want the files to be labeled green but that you don’t want the green to show in EagleFiler?

Yes, that’s exactly what I want.

There’s currently no way to change this in the records list. For the menus, there is an undocumented esoteric preference. You can click here to turn the label colors on or click here to turn them off.

I’m not sure what you mean by the “records list”, but I think you know what I mean. To further illustrate my problem I uploaded a screenshot:

Even with your links I couldn’t get the highlighting color to disappear. I tried several restarts and reimporting the folder with both options turned on, but nothing changed this condition.

If there’s a possibility to approach the options even more directly by changing a value in a config file, I’d be willing to do that.

The following punctuation characters are currently allowed in EagleFiler tag names:

Bad luck on my side that I needed an unsupported one :slight_smile:

I will look into whether ’ can be added.

Thanks! I really appreciate your responsiveness and I’m looking forward to use EagleFiler, if this highlighting problem can be solved.

Yes, that’s what I meant by records list.

The links are for the Move To menu and the Capture with options window.

Not currently, but I will add that to the to-do list.

Allright! Thank you for your time, keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to the update!

With EagleFiler 1.6.2, you can click this link to prevent EagleFiler from using the label color in the records list and this link to prevent it from using the label color in the menus.

EagleFiler 1.6.2 also adds support for in tag names.

Thank you very much for implementing this!

I will have another look at EagleFiler.

Have a nice evening!