Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is it possible to prevent the label-color from showing up in the file list?

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to prevent the label-color from showing up in the file list?

    Good evening,

    I'm currently trying out EF and there are a few things I need to know:
    1. Some of my files are labeled green (in the filesystem). I cannot change that. EF highlights them green in it's menus. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? To be clear: it's not about the label itself, it's about that EF highlights the whole line in green, which isn't very optical appealing to me, so I'd like to prevent that.
    2. Is there a way to use punctuation characters in the EF's tags? I tried tagging files with the label "c't" which always gets split up into "c" and "t". I know it doesn't seem to be a big issue, but it's something that bothers me.

    Thank you in advance for your answers!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    1. Some of my files are labeled green (in the filesystem). I cannot change that. EF highlights them green in it's menus. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? To be clear: it's not about the label itself, it's about that EF highlights the whole line in green, which isn't very optical appealing to me, so I'd like to prevent that.
    Do you mean that you want the files to be labeled green but that you don’t want the green to show in EagleFiler? There’s currently no way to change this in the records list. For the menus, there is an undocumented esoteric preference. You can click here to turn the label colors on or click here to turn them off.

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    2. Is there a way to use punctuation characters in the EF's tags? I tried tagging files with the label "c't" which always gets split up into "c" and "t".
    The following punctuation characters are currently allowed in EagleFiler tag names:

    Code:
    -_@+$*/~()|%^&[]{}=#.!«»:
    I will look into whether ' can be added.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hey Michael,

    Do you mean that you want the files to be labeled green but that you don’t want the green to show in EagleFiler?
    Yes, that's exactly what I want.

    There’s currently no way to change this in the records list. For the menus, there is an undocumented esoteric preference. You can click here to turn the label colors on or click here to turn them off.
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "records list", but I think you know what I mean. To further illustrate my problem I uploaded a screenshot:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2014-02-25 um 00.25.01.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	450

    Even with your links I couldn't get the highlighting color to disappear. I tried several restarts and reimporting the folder with both options turned on, but nothing changed this condition.

    If there's a possibility to approach the options even more directly by changing a value in a config file, I'd be willing to do that.

    The following punctuation characters are currently allowed in EagleFiler tag names:
    Bad luck on my side that I needed an unsupported one :-)

    I will look into whether ' can be added.
    Thanks! I really appreciate your responsiveness and I'm looking forward to use EagleFiler, if this highlighting problem can be solved.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "records list", but I think you know what I mean. To further illustrate my problem I uploaded a screenshot:
    Yes, that’s what I meant by records list.

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    Even with your links I couldn't get the highlighting color to disappear. I tried several restarts and reimporting the folder with both options turned on, but nothing changed this condition.
    The links are for the Move To menu and the Capture with options window.

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    If there's a possibility to approach the options even more directly by changing a value in a config file, I'd be willing to do that.
    Not currently, but I will add that to the to-do list.

  5. #5

    Default

    Allright! Thank you for your time, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the update!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    Some of my files are labeled green (in the filesystem). I cannot change that. EF highlights them green in it's menus. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? To be clear: it's not about the label itself, it's about that EF highlights the whole line in green, which isn't very optical appealing to me, so I'd like to prevent that.
    With EagleFiler 1.6.2, you can click this link to prevent EagleFiler from using the label color in the records list and this link to prevent it from using the label color in the menus.

    Quote Originally Posted by EF-Starter View Post
    2. Is there a way to use punctuation characters in the EF's tags? I tried tagging files with the label "c't" which always gets split up into "c" and "t".
    EagleFiler 1.6.2 also adds support for ' in tag names.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thank you very much for implementing this!

    I will have another look at EagleFiler.

    Have a nice evening!

Similar Threads

  1. Missing "Color Palettes" tab in color picker
    By bramadams in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
  2. showing filename extensions in list view
    By soundwreck in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
  3. Label colors
    By Machster in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
  4. Label colors
    By SteveJ in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 04:07 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •