Is there a way to move email from eMessage Archiver into EagleFiler as email?

My first archiving solution for email was W. John Carlsen’s eMessage Archiver (eMA), first as a Hypercard Stack and then as a Filemaker database. I’ve got many years of emails trapped inside this antique solution. Yes, it still works; I downloaded the trial version of the current Filemaker and the eMA database opens just fine. But I don’t want to pay for and continue to update Filemaker just to access this one database. Ideally I’d like to export the email and merge it with my EagleFiler email library archive.

Any thoughts on how this might be done, if it’s at all possible? All of the usual Filemaker export formats are available. eMA can export as well, but I think it’s expecting a 16-year-old version of Entourage.

Thanks!

Steve

eMessage Archiver seems to be discontinued, so I can’t download it to see how it works. Maybe someone on the mailing list knows more about this. Is there an option to export in “mbox” or “.eml” format? Those are the two most standard e-mail formats, and EagleFiler can import them both.

Oh, yes, very discontinued – to your advantage in that I was looking for something to replace it with and ended up purchasing EagleFiler.

I’m emailing a copy in FM 12 format. (I was going to attach it, but there’s a chance that there may be some personal info remaining in the file.)

I think I was mistaken about exporting via eMA itself. I think you could reply to a single message in a way that called the email software to do the actual sending. The only export possibilities are the standard Filemaker choices: tab- or comma-delimited, DBF, Merge, HTML Table, XML, and varieties of Excel.

Thanks, Michael!

Steve

Have you had any opportunity to look into this further?

Thanks!

Steve

Perhaps someone versed in FileMaker scripting could get the data out in a standard mail format, but I did not see a built-in way.