error message in moving good messages from SPAM to any inbox

I am attempting to move inadvertent messages from the spam folder to any inbox and get an error message that it is impossible. No clue what to do about it and the error message is of no help. Any ideas? This is a greater problem because mysteriously I am getting most good messages to go to spam even after training. For example a test message I sent to myself. Help!!

Please write down exactly what the error message says.

Also, which mail program are you using, and which version of Mac OS X?

Please check the log to see whether those messages went to the Spam mailbox because of SpamSieve or for some other reason.

I am using 10.9 with the latest version of Mail. Attached screen shot shows the alert

Screen shot of error code

Here is the screen shot of the error message I am using OS 10.9 and the latest Mail application. Gary

That’s actually an error from Mail, not SpamSieve. Mail might be unable to move the message to the inbox because the inbox needs to be rebuilt, the inbox is too large (it looks like it has 14K messages already), or the due to a network or server error. There may be more information about this in the Console. You could also set SpamSieve not to move messages to the inbox when training; this would allow you to train it but avoid the error.

I still suggest checking the log or e-mailing it to me to determine why the good messages are going to the Spam mailbox in the first place.

Lastly, your screenshot shows a mailbox called “SPAM” (at the top of the window) but also a mailbox “Spam” at the left under “On My Mac.” There should only be the latter.

Still incredible problems with most messages going to SPAM

Michael,
Since the last update, I can’t get SS to train for about 80% of messages. I would settle for it recognizing my contacts in the Address Book,but it even sends my own test emails to SPAM. HELP! Also, I can’t see the messages when I try to train good messages in the SPAM folder, just a blank screen. Anything you can suggest about that?

I offered you some specific suggestions a week ago, but you don’t seem to have followed them. It sounds like something is not right on your Mac, probably not related to SpamSieve itself. To get things working for you as quickly as possible, please send me an e-mail with the following information:

1. Whether you tried my suggestion of setting SpamSieve not to move messages to the inbox when training.
  2. Errors reported in the Console log.
  3. SpamSieve’s log file.
  4. Your Apple Mail rules files.
  5. The subjects of a few of the spam messages that you can’t train, and a description of what happens when you select them and choose “SpamSieve - Train as Spam.”
  6. The addresses of contacts in your address book whose messages went to the Spam mailbox. Also, which Spam mailbox are these messages going to (the one “On My Mac” or one on your mail server)?

SpamSieve never sends messages from address book contacts to the Spam mailbox unless you uncheck Use Mac OS X Address Book. So the messages are probably not being moved by SpamSieve. That said, you cannot test this using your own address. It is common for spammers to send spam from your own address, so SpamSieve normally excludes it from the address book.

Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean. Please send a screenshot or two and explain what you expected to see vs. what is shown in the screenshots.

I received the log file, which shows that SpamSieve correctly classified the messages from the address book contacts as good. I think those messages must have been moved to the Spam mailbox by another Mail rule or by another computer or device.

The log shows lots of messages that you trained as spam but that Mail never asked SpamSieve to analyze. This can indicate a problem in the Mail setup.