Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AG: Outlook 2011 emails - Failed to import greek chars...

  1. #1

    Default AG: Outlook 2011 emails - Failed to import greek chars...

    Hello,

    I just installed EagleFiler and start to using it.. When I try to import emails from Outlook 2011 (v14.3.7 Eng) the greek chars was not recognized..!! They replaced with "?" chars..

    Please advice...

    Thank you

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agorts View Post
    I just installed EagleFiler and start to using it.. When I try to import emails from Outlook 2011 (v14.3.7 Eng) the greek chars was not recognized..!! They replaced with "?" chars..
    There are several possible causes of this problem:

    1. The message is malformed. For example, it contains 8-bit characters with no encoding specified. This forces the mail program to guess how to interpret them. By default, EagleFiler will guess the MacRoman encoding, but you can change this using the DefaultMessageEncoding esoteric preference.
    2. Outlook is not correctly exporting the message.
    3. EagleFiler is not correctly importing the message.


    I have never actually seen #2 or #3 happen, but they could happen in theory. How did you import the messages from Outlook? Did you use the capture key?

    Are the problem characters in the message body, the subject, the sender/recipient name? It would help if you could drag the message in Outlook to the Finder to export it as a .eml file and send this to me as an attachment so that I can investigate further.

  3. #3

    Default

    The Greek chars in the subject is OK… The greek chars in the body is WRONG…

    At first use drag and drop to the EagleFiler, and today I used the Drop Pad… with the same results…

    The export to FINDER has the same effect… You can see the attachment (at your inbox)… :)

    Thank you for your time… :)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agorts View Post
    The Greek chars in the subject is OK… The greek chars in the body is WRONG…

    At first use drag and drop to the EagleFiler, and today I used the Drop Pad… with the same results…

    The export to FINDER has the same effect… You can see the attachment (at your inbox)… :)
    It looks like the “.eml” file that Outlook exported changed all the Greek characters to “?”. The data is malformed before it gets to EagleFiler, so I think this is an issue that would have to be addressed in Outlook itself.

  5. #5

    Default

    OK

    Thank you for your time... :)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
  2. struggling with Outlook 2011
    By thecount in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
  3. Outlook 2011
    By koldad in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  4. Outlook 2011 export archive missing emails
    By mawelby in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
  5. Outlook 2011
    By bairda in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •