Junk Mail from iCloud & Gmail still show up in my Smart Mailbox

I am using Apple Mail 6.5 with Mountain Lion and SpamSieve 2.9.7.

I have set-up SpamSieve to put junk mail into the Spam folder. The problem is that junk mail that is tagged as “Junk” by either iCloud or Gmail does not go into the Spam folder and there is no way in Apple Mail to have it move mail based on what folder it ends up in.

I have attached screen shots of my Smart Folder, and my mail rules.

I could use some help on this.

Thanks,

Michael Frankel
President & CEO, Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.
Office: 818-706-8877
Skype-In: 818-483-4686
Mobile: 310-291-3419

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 1.01.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 1.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 1.05.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 1.07.36 PM.png

Correct: Apple Mail only applies rules to new messages in the inbox. In any case, the SpamSieve rule should be the only one that you have for processing junk mail.

You can add additional “Message is not in Mailbox” conditions to your smart mailbox to exclude the other undesired mailboxes.

OK - the only problem is now I have to check the “Junk” folder for these other mailboxes and delete the Junk mail there.

Is there another way to do this? How can I get all of the Junk mail to get handled and put into the Spam folder?

You could create a smart mailbox that shows the messages from all the Junk/Spam mailboxes in a single place and use that as your Spam mailbox.

If you really want all the spam messages to be in the same, actual, mailbox, that’s possible by making an AppleScript rule action that moves messages from one mailbox to the other. But I recommend the above smart mailbox solution.

For example, see the Apple Mail - Server Junk Mailbox script.