Train As Spam hot key not working

Hello,

I’m using SpamSieve 2.9.7 with Apple’s Mail, version 4.6, and Mac OS 10.6.8.

SpamSieve’s hot key combination for the “Train As Spam” command is identified as “Command-Control-S”, however, whenever I press this key combination in Mail, the “Suggest Spelling” dialogue box comes up.

I’ve tried to find where the hot key for Suggest Spelling might be stored, so that I can disable it, but cannot find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can go about disabling the Suggest Spelling hot key, and restoring the “Train As Spam” hot key combination?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Do you mean the window called “Spelling and Grammar”? I think the default keyboard shortcut for that is Command-:. Are you using a third-party spelling checker?

If you know the exact name of the menu command, you can assign a new keyboard shortcut as described here (the “Add Sender to Contacts” example). Or you could use that same method to assign a different keyboard shortcut for SpamSieve.

Train as Spam ho key not working
Thanks for your response, and for asking about my use of a third party spell checker.

After looking through a list of hot keys within the app, I located the conflicting command and removed it.

SpamSieve’s “Train as Spam” feature is working perfectly

Thank you again for your help, and for an excellent app.

Sincerely,
Bruce McCombs