Prevent EagleFiler creating Inbox, Inbox-1, Inbox-2, etc. folders

I am currently trying out EagleFiler (1.6b2 on Mac OS X 10.8.4) and I was happily using F1 on incoming e-mails of a specific project. At the end of the day, I again had a look at the actual EagleFiler-library and I saw that for each F1-keystroke I did, EagleFiler created a new Inbox-folder. So there were a lot of inbox-folders: inbox, inbox-1, inbox-2, etc.

I tried to move e-mails from inbox-1, -2, -3, etc. into “inbox”. This did not work.
I deleted inbox-1, -2, -3 which moved the e-mail-messages into the generic library.

Is there a way to have EagleFiler always put e-mails into just this one Inbox folder it creates in the beginning? (Or, even better, have EagleFiler create only one folder “e-mails” and put every e-mail in there?)

The point here is: I would like to have project files and e-mails in a library. I do not want those e-mails in different folders, but this is what (naturally) happens when you work with them in mail.app: At first they are in your inbox, then you move them to your project folders.

Thank you!

These are actually mailbox files, not folders.

This is because, for performance and reliability reasons, EagleFiler does not allow modification of mailbox files.

I’m not sure what you mean here. You can always search all the messages by clicking on Records. It will look inside all the mailbox files.

Here are some options:

1. You can use the Import From Apple Mail script instead of the capture key. This will import each message as an individual file. This is less efficient (for large amounts of mail), but you will be free to move the messages to any folder that you want.
  2. You can use the Merge Mailboxes command to combine the “Inbox” mailbox files into one.
  3. You can drag and drop messages from a mailbox to a folder. This will extract the messages as individual files (like in #1).

There’s some more discussion of this in the manual and in this thread.

Hi,

Thank you for the lightning-fast answer and - since this is my first post on this forum - thank you for sending notification-mails including the full message that has been posted here.

You answered what I wanted to know with your answer no. 2: Merging mailboxes is the way to go. (Perhaps include the command in the context-menu when two or more mailboxes are selected?)

Thanks for the suggestion.