Thread: New record composed from within a smart folder to be tagged automatically

Default New record composed from within a smart folder to be tagged automatically

I guess this question is related to my previous question/request. Is it possible, if I have a particular smart folder selected, if I click on New Record, to have that record tagged with the tags specified under the Action tab in the smart folder definition (basically, that would then place the new record in the smart folder, which is the behavior I expect as a user, if I am clicking on said smart folder and then composing a record)?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by imlad View Post
    I guess this question is related to my previous question/request. Is it possible, if I have a particular smart folder selected, if I click on New Record, to have that record tagged with the tags specified under the Action tab in the smart folder definition (basically, that would then place the new record in the smart folder, which is the behavior I expect as a user, if I am clicking on said smart folder and then composing a record)?
    Not currently, but I agree that might make sense for a feature request. Would you want all the smart folder actions to be applied?

(The other thread is here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Not currently, but I agree that might make sense for a feature request. Would you want all the smart folder actions to be applied?

(The other thread is here.)
    Yes, it would make sense for all the Actions to be applied.

Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by imlad View Post
    Is it possible, if I have a particular smart folder selected, if I click on New Record, to have that record tagged with the tags specified under the Action tab in the smart folder definition (basically, that would then place the new record in the smart folder, which is the behavior I expect as a user, if I am clicking on said smart folder and then composing a record)?
    I’ve added this in EagleFiler 1.6.