Smart Folders behaving strangly

Hello,

I have a number of smart folders that do not appear to behave as I expect them to. I have a set of conditions in the smart folder definition that should determine which records show in the smart folder. The criteria are a set of tags - a record needs to have all the tags to show in the smart folder. Instead, the smart folder shows records that have some, though not all of the tags.

For instance, I have a smart folder where the search is set to look inside records, all subfolders and mailboxes - so everywhere. I then set the conditions to include All of the following, with one condition - Tags contains all of, and then an enumeration of tags. The smart folder shows records that do not include all of the tags, but just a couple.

Thanks,

Daniel.

This sort of smart folder seems to be working on my Mac. Could you create a small test library that demonstrates the problem and post it here (as a ZIP archive)?

The archive is rather large. I zipped it and shared with you via Dropbox.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the bug with that library.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the bug with that library.

Great! Will wait to hear from you. I wonder if it has something to do with the number of subfolders I have…

Daniel.

One level folder
For whatever it’s worth, the problem appears also with just one level folder nesting…