Moving/Renaming To Import folder / Multiple To Import Folder

Hello,
I am trying to figure out if Eagle Filer can be configured to monitor multiple To Import Folders.

The problem I am trying to solve is the following application: I would like to create PDF content using my iPhone. Those PDF files I can upload to Dropbox. With dropbox, I can only upload into folders that are inside the dropbox folder tree. I have created an alias of the to import folder and placed it inside the drop box folder structure, but it isn’t recognized as a folder when uploading.

I have also tried to create an alias of a drop box subdirectory inside the to import folder, but, alas, EF sucks in the whole alias.

Further complicating is that I would really prefer the items to remain inside dropbox, at least for a while, but I could live with their demise if only they’d end up in Eagle Filer when I’m, back.

I am on Mac OS 10.8.3

Thanks,
Sebastian

One option would be to put your whole EagleFiler library folder in Dropbox.

Otherwise, I think it would work to replace the “To Import” folder with a symlink to a folder in Dropbox.

symlink
I created a symbolic link inside the folder “library_name” and moved the existing folder “To Import (library_filename)” into the Dropbox folder tree.

In that setup, imported files from the path specified in the symbolic link are still deleted after import. In fact, everything seems to work just as before, very nice. Now I have a way to “beam” new content straight into EagleFiler form the road.

Will EagleFiler be looking for and monitoring only “To Import (library_filename)”, or is it anything that starts with “To Import”? Is it possible to have more than one “To Import (xyz)” item for any one library?

I’d be very interested in having control over naming the “To import…” folder, but the location issue is taken care of beautifully with the symbolic link.

Thank you,
Sebastian

Only the former.

No, although you can add files to any folder and use Scan for New Files.

The symlink can have any name you want; it doesn’t have to match the name of the target folder.