Brighter Highlight for Selected File: Feature Request

I use colors to differentiate files which works well for me. Once the selected file is opened, the line for that file turns gray. Granted this is a unique color but when one uses multiple programs that’s not always so obvious. The other change that the existing program uses is to ‘square off’ the left edge of the selected line. This is good but I think it could be better. I’ve attached a screen shot to show the problem. The arrows show the complete line of gray, ‘squared off’ instead of rounded and the second arrow shows the color ‘blip’ also added to selected line. It helps but I still find myself having to search to find the right file.

Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 1.46.31 PM.png

Gray is the standard color that Mac apps use, so I don’t really want to change it. Would it help if EagleFiler made the label color more subtle when in the background? For example, the Finder just shows the label as a small circle in the background, which makes the gray stand out more.

Highlighting the Selected File
Perhaps, I’d need to see it. But perhaps you could add an icon or symbol? I don’t know if the color change would be sufficient. I really appreciate your considering the problem.

Thanks Michael

To indicate the selected file(s)? I guess I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting. Is there another app that you think does a good job with this?

Highlighting the Selected File
EagleFiler Highligt Selected.pdf (59.9 KB)

Hi Michael,

Something has changed since I sent this request. I don’t recall doing any “preference” changes but I could be wrong. The ‘Selected File’ now appears in a strong and easy to spot, **BLUE. **(See attached)

In going back to my original png that i attached, it shows the selected file in gray as you noted. My problem was that when seen with many other files some of which various colors and the a couple in gray it was sometimes hard to spot the selected. Now, all seems well. Again I don’t know that I changed any setting to make this occur. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I think it changes to gray when the window is in the background.

That is correct. Also note that there is system preference, under the General tab, for “Highlight color” which controls this behavior. Eaglefiler complies with this preference, permitting you to change the highlight color to any color you like.

I’ve made some adjustments in EagleFiler 1.6.