Cannot Create a DMG-- PLEASE HELP!

​Please Help, I keep getting the same errors – over and over and cannot figure out why.
I am a registered user, just bought the product and need help.

Version of Mac OS X?
I have tried it on Snow Leopard 10.6.8… when it didn’t work, I uninstalled it and tried it on Mt Lion 10.8.2, but still hd the same errors.

Version of DropDMG-- 3.2 – purchased directly from the website – NOT the App Store

Specific error information:

Below is the Detail Error of the “same” error of the several attempts I have made.

Error asr: image scan failed - internal error.
The error occurred while executing “/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/04-/02-Lion 10.7.5 [20] BASE 1.dmg”.

The error occurred while executing “/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/04-/OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g.dmg”.

The error occurred while executing “/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/05-/OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g.dmg”.

The error occurred while executing “/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/05-/02-Lion 10.7.5 [20] BASE 1.dmg”.1/9/13 5:13:32 PM DropDMG[1533] Error: <CreateJob: Creating from “OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g”> <NSError Domain=MJTErrorDomain Code=6 UserInfo={

Here are the errors from the Console Messages:

1/9/13 8:58:22 PM DropDMG[1533] Error: <CreateJob: Creating from “02-Lion 10.7.5 [20] BASE 1”> <NSError Domain=MJTErrorDomain Code=6 UserInfo={
MJTTaskArguments = (
imagescan,
“–source”,
“/Volumes/05-/02-Lion 10.7.5 [20] BASE 1.dmg”
);
MJTTaskLaunchPath = “/usr/sbin/asr”;
MJTTaskStandardErrorString = "asr: image scan failed - internal error.
";
MJTTaskStandardOutputString = "Block checksum: …10…20…30…40…50…60…70…80…90…100
";
MJTTaskTerminationReason = 1;
MJTTaskTerminationStatus = 1;
NSLocalizedDescription = "asr: image scan failed - internal error.
";
NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = “The error occurred while executing \U201c/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/05-/02-Lion 10.7.5 [20] BASE 1.dmg\U201d.”;
}>
1/9/13 5:13:32 PM DropDMG[1533] Error: <CreateJob: Creating from “OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g”> <NSError Domain=MJTErrorDomain Code=6 UserInfo={

MJTTaskArguments =     (
    imagescan,
    "--source",
    "/Volumes/04-/OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g.dmg"
);
MJTTaskLaunchPath = "/usr/sbin/asr";
MJTTaskStandardErrorString = "asr: image scan failed - internal error.

";
MJTTaskStandardOutputString = "Block checksum: …10…20…30…40…50…60…70…80…90…100
";
MJTTaskTerminationReason = 1;
MJTTaskTerminationStatus = 1;
NSLocalizedDescription = "asr: image scan failed - internal error.
";
NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = “The error occurred while executing \U201c/usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source /Volumes/04-/OS X LION 10.7.5 - 500g.dmg\U201d.”;
}>

Here’s What Happens…

1. I want to make DropDMG Device Images (bootable) of some volumes of Lion 10.7.5 and Mt Lion 10.8.2

2. I drag the Volume icon into to DropDMG window.

3. My configuration file is set to:
    Format: .dmg - smaller file, faster 10.2 (1st option)
    Options: Optimize for Restores
    Destination: Ask Later
    Names: Ask

4. I set the destination to a brand new (empty - erased and zeroed out via Disk Utility)

5. The DMG images appear to be created, but upon the optimizaton process the errors occur.

6. At first, I thought this might be because I had DropDMG installed on Snow Leopard 10.6.8… attempting to create DMGs on Lion & Mt Lion. I tried SUCCESSFULLY to create a DMG via the process above of a 10.6.8 partition. So I uninstalled DropDMG and reinstalled it on a Mt Lion parition.

7. FYI, most of the OS images I am attempting to create are on multiple partitions of a hard drive. However, I was UNsuccessful in trying to create a DMG from a single partition 500 gig drive with Mt Lion on it.

8. It doesn’t seem to matter if:
    the drives / partitions were defragmented with iDeFrag
    partitioned with Disk Utility or iPartition, or
    are originally installed onto the drive / partition— or are “live”/working clones from SuperDuper.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you very much.

Does it help if you uncheck Optimize for Restores? The error is occurring during that phase; the OS is reporting an unknown internal error. It’s safe to skip optimization; you’ll still end up with a working .dmg file.

This was fixed in DropDMG 3.2.1. If you have an existing disk image that doesn’t mount, you can fix it by converting it to a read-write format and then mounting it.