import webpages behind paywall?

I would like to be able to save articles from a site where I am a paying subscriber. When EagleFiler imports the article, only the teaser content available to non-subscribers is fetched. Obviously EagleFiler is re-fetching from the web and not actually grabbing what is visible in the browser window. Is there a way to supply login credentials to EagleFiler? Or can it somehow read and/or use the cookie information from the browser so that the full article can be saved?

Thanks for a great product, I use it every day!

No, the login/session state is only in the browser; it cannot be transferred to EagleFiler. You could either use the browser to save the page as a Web archive or have it print the page and use “Save PDF to EagleFiler.”

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes I had a feeling that was the case. It’s a shame, I save web pages as PDFs already because of EagleFiler’s excellent web2pdf. I like that it preserves links as clickable, something that the standard printed PDF does not. Also, using the print service will set the From field in EagleFiler to my user name and not the name of the site. Unfortunately I use firefox so there’s not an applescript solution ready at hand. Le sigh.

Well a printed PDF is still better than none I guess.

If you use Safari it will print PDFs with clickable links.