Sharing the EagleFiler library on a server

I need to archive Outlook for Mac emails for staff members that are leaving the company. I have purchased EagleFinder for my personal use and am trying to use it as a groupware tool. It looks perfect for all our needs with the only exception that one user at a time should open the library. As the libraries I am interested in in fact need no changing, it wuld be great if the EF library could be put in a read-only directory and more than one user could mount it at the same time.

I tried and EF just fails silently to open the library.

I am not sure how difficult it would be to allow this, but I think it would be a great addition.

That’s not currently possible, but it’s a feature that I’d like to add.

How are you making the library available to multiple users?

I haven’t tried it, but I guess you just mount the R/O sharepoint, where the EF library is located, from multiple clients and open the library. Shouldn’t it work?

In the future I would like to support that sort of workflow. Currently, since EagleFiler only supports one open copy at a time, you would need to open a copy of the library.

Oh, I was curious what you were referring to when you wrote this:

But what about each client having a copy of EF and each one opening the same library on the R/O share? Each copy will open a single library, I guess it would work, no?

I made the library folder R/O, then launched EF and tried to open the library file. I got no error message, just nothing happened.

That won’t work currently, but I’d like to make it work with a future version of EagleFiler.

I think this would be a very useful and appreciated addition to EF, it surely would help us a lot :wink: Do you have any ballpark idea of when this would be possible?

Sorry, I do not.