Pre-processing URL before web archiving or creating PDF

Hi,

Is there any way I could instruct EF to import some URLs after they are pre-processed through one of the online “readability” services? Basically what I’m looking for is an easy way to tell EF to import an URL, but firstly get it through Instapaper mobilizer, or Readability, etc.

I could probably create a Service myself that does this together with an AppleScript, but I was wondering if there’s a simpler way.

tia,

A://

That’s currently not a built-in feature. However, you could pretty easily modify the capture script for your browser and put the new script at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EagleFiler/Capture Scripts/

Then when you press the capture key it will send EagleFiler the preprocessed URL. For example, in the file:

EagleFiler.app/Contents/Resources/Capture Scripts/com.apple.Safari.scpt

Change:

set _url to URL of _document

to:

set _url to "http://www.instapaper.com/m?u=" & URL of _document

Maybe you can use the MediaStylePDF esoteric preference instead of those services. For my taste they too often remove more than they should.

Instead of modifying the capture script I replaced it with a bookmarklet that does pre-processing.

This is possible with EagleFiler 1.6. Please see the Importing Web Pages and URLs section of the manual.

S.w.e.e.t!!!