Thread: iCloud (mac.com) account non-standard behavior

Default iCloud (mac.com) account non-standard behavior

I have SpamSieve monitor six accounts, including one shared IMAP account and an iCloud (mac.com) account. Generally things work well, but my iCloud account always seems to filter several spams into the Junk mailbox on the server. They're also inconsistently marked - one in five might be marked with the Junk flag on Mail (I have SpamSieve use the Junk mailbox On My Mac for all mail and have only one SpamSieve rule to accomplish that). If I manually train the spam in the iCloud Junk server mailbox, it stays in that mailbox; and SpamSieve seems to have no problem with most spam sent to that account, placing it in the proper folder On My Mac.

I suspect this is an iCloud problem, but I have no clue as how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mansky View Post
    Generally things work well, but my iCloud account always seems to filter several spams into the Junk mailbox on the server.
    This is due to Apple’s junk mail filter that runs on the iCloud server. There’s no way to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    This is due to Apple’s junk mail filter that runs on the iCloud server. There’s no way to turn it off.
    Thanks. thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    However, you can work around it using the Apple Mail - Server Junk Mailbox script.