Thread: Feature Request: Bookmarklets

Default Feature Request: Bookmarklets

I switched to EF from Yojimbo. Yojimbo has a bookmarklet that I can put in my Safari toolbar to archive a web page. It then prompts me for tags. I would like to have this feature in EF. I do prefer EF to Yojimbo overall.

Quote Originally Posted by healinginfluence View Post
    I switched to EF from Yojimbo. Yojimbo has a bookmarklet that I can put in my Safari toolbar to archive a web page. It then prompts me for tags. I would like to have this feature in EF.
    Is there a particular reason that you want a bookmarklet? I’m planning a more general feature that lets you specify tags and other information when you press the capture key, and this would work when capturing from all applications, rather than just Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Is there a particular reason that you want a bookmarklet? I’m planning a more general feature that lets you specify tags and other information when you press the capture key, and this would work when capturing from all applications, rather than just Safari.
    Michael --

What you are planning actually would be better than a bookmarklet! I just want to tag at the moment of entry so I don't have to go back and do it again. That search term highlighting and an untagged items folder which I know you are planning would make me happy.

Thank you!

EagleFiler 1.4 adds support for bookmarklets.