Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Flock Browser Support?

  1. #1

    Default Flock Browser Support?

    Are you going to be supporting the Flock browser soon?

    Thanks OlivePress

  2. #2

    Default

    You’re the first person to ask for it. To add capture support for Flock, copy the attached script file into the folder:

    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EagleFiler/Capture Scripts/

  3. #3

    Default

    Support for Flock is built into EagleFiler 1.1.6.

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't know why but capture from Flock is not working while com.mozilla.flock.scpt file is located in the package. I copied this file to /User/myid/Library/Application Support/EagleFiler/Capture Scripts/ but no change.

    Could you look into this problem?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordmiss View Post
    I don't know why but capture from Flock is not working while com.mozilla.flock.scpt file is located in the package.
    The old script file was called “org.mozilla.flock.scpt”. With the 1.0 release, Flock has a different bundle identifier and a different creator code, so you’ll need to use this new capture script.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    The old script file was called “org.mozilla.flock.scpt”. With the 1.0 release, Flock has a different bundle identifier and a different creator code, so you’ll need to use this new capture script.
    It works well. Thank you!

  7. #7

    Default

    EagleFiler 1.3 has built-in support for Flock 1.0, so the above script is no longer necessary.

  8. #8

    Default Flock Applescript Error

    I have started using flock, as it has the speed of safari, but I can add in my favorite firefox add ons and handle all my social media from the browser. Unfortunately, F1 won't import webarchives into eaglefiler. I get the following error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.

    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)

    I have Flock 2.5.2. Any ideas?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbaby View Post
    I get the following error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.

    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)

    I have Flock 2.5.2. Any ideas?
    It looks like Mozilla changed Flock in a way that broke EagleFiler’s capture script. Please try this one.

  10. #10

    Default

    Sorry, but that one doesn't work for me either. I installed it and restarted everything just to be sure, but F1 still gets error and just in case it was supposed to be run as a script, I could find nothing in the services menu. Here is my error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 5)

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbaby View Post
    I installed it and restarted everything just to be sure, but F1 still gets error and just in case it was supposed to be run as a script, I could find nothing in the services menu. Here is my error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 5)
    What happens if you create a new script in AppleScript Editor:

    Code:
    tell application "System Events"
        set theProcess to first process whose creator type is "FLKb"
    end tell
    and click Run?

  12. #12

    Default

    That didn't help either. The first time I hit F1 after running the script, I get the message with (Line 1) and any further attempts are (Line 5):

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 5)

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbaby View Post
    That didn't help either. The first time I hit F1 after running the script, I get the message with (Line 1) and any further attempts are (Line 5):

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)
    No, I just want you to test the 3-line script fragment in AppleScript Editor and tell me what happens. Don’t use EagleFiler.

  14. #14

    Default

    Nothing happens when I hit run. The text turns to green, black and blue, as a formatted script, but other than that, nada. What are you expecting to happen? I know very little about applescript.

  15. #15

    Default

    I sent you a private message. I think the problem is that you didn’t install the script correctly…

  16. #16

    Default

    Support for Flock 2.5.2 is built into EagleFiler 1.4.10.

  17. #17

    Default

    That didn't work either. I removed the org.mozilla.flock.scpt and then went through complete install of the newest update and still getting the applescript error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)

    I am at a loss.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbaby View Post
    I removed the org.mozilla.flock.scpt and then went through complete install of the newest update and still getting the applescript error:

    EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.
    The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)
    Please enter this command into Terminal and tell me what it says:

    defaults read /Applications/Flock.app/Contents/Info CFBundleSignature

  19. #19

    Default

    It reads:
    FLKb

    BYW, thank you for trying to resolve this for me.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbaby View Post
    It reads:
    FLKb
    That’s normal. Please try running this script in AppleScript Editor:
    Code:
    tell application "System Events"
        set theProcess to first process whose creator type is "FLKb"
    end tell
    tell application (theProcess's displayed name)
        set theURL to «class curl» of window 1
    end tell
    display dialog theURL
    What happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any chance for Thunderbird support?
    By crios in forum SpamSieve
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 01:53 PM
  3. Support for Excel Files
    By jreljac in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 10:16 AM
  4. Support additional formats?
    By katzenjammer in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •