Flock Browser Support?

Are you going to be supporting the Flock browser soon?

Thanks OlivePress

You’re the first person to ask for it. To add capture support for Flock, copy the attached script file into the folder:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EagleFiler/Capture Scripts/

Support for Flock is built into EagleFiler 1.1.6.

I don’t know why but capture from Flock is not working while com.mozilla.flock.scpt file is located in the package. I copied this file to /User/myid/Library/Application Support/EagleFiler/Capture Scripts/ but no change.

Could you look into this problem?

The old script file was called “org.mozilla.flock.scpt”. With the 1.0 release, Flock has a different bundle identifier and a different creator code, so you’ll need to use this new capture script.

It works well. Thank you!

EagleFiler 1.3 has built-in support for Flock 1.0, so the above script is no longer necessary.

Flock Applescript Error
I have started using flock, as it has the speed of safari, but I can add in my favorite firefox add ons and handle all my social media from the browser. Unfortunately, F1 won’t import webarchives into eaglefiler. I get the following error:

EagleFiler encountered an AppleScript error while trying to capture from Flock.

The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 1)

I have Flock 2.5.2. Any ideas?

It looks like Mozilla changed Flock in a way that broke EagleFiler’s capture script. Please try this one.

Sorry, but that one doesn’t work for me either. I installed it and restarted everything just to be sure, but F1 still gets error and just in case it was supposed to be run as a script, I could find nothing in the services menu. Here is my error:

The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 5)

What happens if you create a new script in AppleScript Editor:

tell application "System Events"
    set theProcess to first process whose creator type is "FLKb"
end tell

and click Run?

That didn’t help either. The first time I hit F1 after running the script, I get the message with (Line 1) and any further attempts are (Line 5):

The variable theProcess is not defined. (line 5)

No, I just want you to test the 3-line script fragment in AppleScript Editor and tell me what happens. Don’t use EagleFiler.

Nothing happens when I hit run. The text turns to green, black and blue, as a formatted script, but other than that, nada. What are you expecting to happen? I know very little about applescript.

I sent you a private message. I think the problem is that you didn’t install the script correctly…

Support for Flock 2.5.2 is built into EagleFiler 1.4.10.

That didn’t work either. I removed the org.mozilla.flock.scpt and then went through complete install of the newest update and still getting the applescript error:

I am at a loss.

Please enter this command into Terminal and tell me what it says:

defaults read /Applications/Flock.app/Contents/Info CFBundleSignature

It reads:
FLKb

BYW, thank you for trying to resolve this for me.

That’s normal. Please try running this script in AppleScript Editor:

tell application "System Events"
    set theProcess to first process whose creator type is "FLKb"
end tell
tell application (theProcess's displayed name)
    set theURL to «class curl» of window 1
end tell
display dialog theURL

What happens?