Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sort by date bug?

  1. #1

    Default Sort by date bug?

    While testing the new "everything in the Library" approach, I just saw something strange in the document list, sorted by date, as illustrated in the screenshots here. Is this a known bug?

  2. #2

    Default

    Thinking a bit more about this, I realize these were documents whose title I had changed. I guess the date displayed is different from the one being used for the sorting (one is probably "created", the other "modified").

  3. #3

    Default

    EagleFiler displays and sorts by the modification date, which will be changed when you change the title. The issue here is that EagleFiler has an optimization so that it doesn’t read all the modification dates from disk each time it re-sorts, since that can be pretty slow if you have lots of records. So it’s displaying the correct date but sorting by a slightly old one.

  4. #4

    Default

    I see, thanks for the explanation.

  5. #5

    Default

    In EagleFiler 1.1.5, I’ve fixed this optimization so that it sorts properly even if you modify the record.

Similar Threads

  1. sort order in source list
    By thoresson in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 05:00 PM
  2. last sync (sort of) question...
    By soulbarn in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •