Outlook 2011 export archive missing emails

Hi,

I have been using Eaglefiler to export from Outlook 2011 (to import into Mail.app). It has been working well until recently when the import process (after selecting in Outlook and hitting F1) has started only importing about half the emails. The import dialogue box says that all the emails have been imported but when looking in Eaglefiler only half are actually there.

I am running OSX10.6.7 and have reinstalled Eaglefiler and tried new archives with no luck.

Has anyone had a similar problem or knows of a fix?

I’ve not heard of this problem before. So that I can investigate further, please send the following information via e-mail: a screenshot of the Outlook window just before you press the capture key, a screenshot of the EagleFiler window showing that some messages are missing, and the mailbox file (which you can attach by dragging it from EagleFiler’s source list into your e-mail window).

Thanks for sending the files. The root problem is that the message data from Outlook is not in the standard format. The problem messages begin with the line “Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0”, which is not a valid Internet mail header. (It looks like these are old messages, perhaps imported into Outlook from another mail program.) All of the message data is being imported into EagleFiler, but this deviation from the standard is confusing it so that it isn’t able to display all of the messages. (The messages should still import properly into Apple Mail.)

The messages are also malformed in another way. The message parts include multiple “Content-Type” headers that simultaneously declare them to be HTML and plain text and to use multiple text encodings. EagleFiler currently displays such messages as plain text (based on the order of the headers), which will cause these messages to be displayed as raw HTML tags.

I will send you a pre-release version of EagleFiler that works around both of these problems.

Michael,

That fixed the problem. Thanks ever so much for the prompt attention.

Kind regards

Mark

Hello Micheal,

I am having the same issue as the original poster. Would it be possible for me to get a hold of the early software as well?

Thanks,
Adam

Hello Micheal,

I was using the trial version of the product and encountered the same issue. I work for the IT department at a small company and we love the software. However, we have a few employees who have large archives of email and we need to make sure all of it gets transferred in the change to apple mail. We will gladly purchase a full version of the product to get this resolved. Switching from Outlook 2011 to apple mail is a nightmare.

Thanks,
Adam

Yes, please send me an e-mail.

EagleFiler 1.5.4 can now read these malformed messages.