Apple Mail won't quit since SpamSieve update?

Ever since I updated SpamSieve to 2.8.5, Apple Mail is driving me nuts. It won’t quit without a “force quit” and doesn’t remember settings.

I’ve tried everything I could find online - reboot, repair permissions, trash plist, trash Bundles - everything.

Help is welcomed!

And, Mail closes by itself after an hour or so of inactivity. Energy Savings settings don’t make a difference.

Thanks.

It would be helpful if you could open the Activity Monitor program and select Mail in the list. After trying to quit, choose Sample Process from the View menu. Then save the resulting data to a file and send it to me.

Do you mean that it quits? Or crashes?

Why would you expect them to?

Thanks!

Will do. Thank you.

The application is closed on its own - I’m not sure of the difference? I’m sorry.

I thought perhaps it had something to do with the screensaver, since Mail stays open while the screen is active, and closes when the screensaver is active for a while. (I’m not sure, but always overnight.)

Thank you for your help - I love the SpamSieve app, it’s probably not even the issue. But it’s the only thing I can think of that’s different. (And, this doesn’t happen on my old Mac with Tiger…which also utilizes SpamSieve.)

A crash would be if the OS brought up a dialog saying that Mail had unexpectedly quit. Otherwise, maybe it just finally was able to respond to the quit request that you initiated.

I’m not aware of any reason that Energy Saver or the screensaver would cause applications to quit.