Entourage 2004 - scripts stop firing when shortcut used

Using SpamSieve 2.4.4 and Entourage 2004.
Every now and then, if I try to use the key combination shift-command-S to train spam, the key combination will not fire the script. I have to go to the pull-down script menu and select it. Restarting Entourage will sometimes fix this, but not always, and sometimes, after it’s working fine, it will stop working for no discernible reason. Once it stops working, only restarting Entourage will get it working again.

Has anyone else found this, and if so, is there a fix?

Cheers,
Allan

I haven’t heard of that happening before. Do you have any other utilities installed that might be grabbing that key? (Does the “SpamSieve - Train Good” shortcut also stop working?) Have you updated to the latest version of Entourage 2004? In any case, attaching the keyboard shortcut to the script is a feature of Entourage, so if you aren’t able to get it working I would suggest contacting Microsoft.

It does seem to be only some of the scripts - others work fine all the time. I’m going to change the key to cmJ (for Junk) and see what happens. I’ll report back on this thread.

OK, changed the key to cmJ and it works fine - there must indeed have been something else grabbing the cmS key. Thanks for the tip!