DropDMG 3.0.1

The following was posted on the DropDMG blog:

Version 3.0.1 of DropDMG is now available. This is a free update for owners of DropDMG 3.0 that includes the following enhancements:

• If you try to enter a serial number for DropDMG 2.x, rather than just complaining that it’s invalid, DropDMG now uses it to help you get a discounted or free upgrade and a 3.x serial number.
  • Fixed a bug where creating a disk image from the Finder’s contextual menu or keyboard shortcut sometimes didn’t work.
  • Fixed a bug where selecting a folder from the New from Folder/File… dialog didn’t work.
  • Fixed an internal error that occurred if you changed a configuration option while renaming a configuration.
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent the Automator action from working.
  • Fixed a regression where the -t argument to the dropdmg command-line tool wasn’t recognized.
  • Fixed a bug where the Base Name
    and Volume Name fields sometimes weren’t editable when dragging and dropping onto the main window. - Enabled undo for the Base Name
    and Volume Name text fields (requires Mac OS X 10.6 due to a bug in previous versions). - Fixed a bug where DropDMG would show two Help
    menus after auto-updating the command-line tool. - Fixed a bug where the Names
    pop-up menu text was too wide when using YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS dates. - Fixed the positioning of the log detail drawer.
  • Fixed a small memory leak.
  • The manual now recommends leaving space in a layout’s background picture for the Finder window’s path bar.
  • Updated the tooltips in the configuration options.
  • Updated the localizations.

Repeated updates
My copy of DropDMG went into an update loop. It said the new one was available, it downloaded and installed and then restarted back at 3.0.0, which presented me with the option to download the update again. This was in the console log :

16/07/10 2:23:55 PM [0x0-0x1454453].com.c-command.DropDMG[63974] mv: rename /Users/nick/Applications/DropDMG.app to /Users/nick/Applications/DropDMG.old.app: Permission denied

I had to delete the old copy (which asked for a pw) then put the new one in it’s place. Not sure why that happened, but the updater might need to be adjusted to take into consideration a fail on the mv.

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks. I’m not sure what happened here, since DropDMG does try to check beforehand whether it has the necessary permissions. If this happens again, you can hold down the Option key while installing to force DropDMG to ask for your password.