RSS Feed issue

I have subscribed twice to the RSS feed for the EagleFiler forum. In each case, the top thread remains frozen at the thread that was most recent in the forum at the time I subscribed. (Best practices… and Search OCR’ed…, respectively)

This does not happen with any of my other RSS feeds, they all update properly, so I’m guessing it’s an issue with the C=Command forums.

I’m using Firefox 3.6.3 on a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I’ve just added an RSS feed for the forums to Safari. I’ll let you know if a few days if it remains stuck, too.

kabing

Please let me know what you find in Safari. It seems to be working correctly for me with NetNewsWire and Google Reader.

I just realized that the reason it’s working differently for me is that I was using slightly different feed URLs than what the forum advertises. The default vBulletin behavior is to show the first post in the thread. (Otherwise, I guess, it would be confusing to see a reply without context.) If you want to see the most recent post, you can put &lastpost=1 at the end of the URL. For example:

http://c-command.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&lastpost=1

That did it! Thanks!

By the way, Safari “froze” too on the topmost thread the day of the subscription, until I changed the RSS feed as suggested above. Then it worked properly, too.

kabing

Hmm…The RSS Feed list is frozen in Firefox again. But not in Safari.

The feed url I have is: http://c-command.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=7&lastpost=1

kabing

That URL looks correct. I’m not sure what’s going on. It stops updating for me in Firefox, too, but it works in all the other feed readers I tried.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ll try adding the feed to Google Reader and see if that works. I don’t usually like to put Support Forum feeds in GR, preferring to access them from Firefox’s Toolbar, but I’ll see how it goes. Otherwise, I can go back to checking in on the forum “manually” on occasion.

kabing

hi
I’ll try adding the feed to Google Reader and see if that works. I don’t usually like to put Support Forum feeds in GR, preferring to access them from Firefox’s Toolbar, but I’ll see how it goes. Otherwise, I can go back to checking in on the forum “manually” on occasion.

Alex…

I’m not sure what’s going on. It stops updating for me in Firefox. I try it many times.

It looks like the RSS feature has been removed from Firefox.

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right Firefox removed this RSS feature. I try this on different browers and now it’s working.