show iCal info

Hi, I’m in the process of comparing some of the new PIM apps, such as KIT, Yojimbo, Journler, and EagleFiler.

There’s a feature that I believe I only saw in Journler, though it really would be quite nice. Namely, when an iCal event is imported, that the info of the event is imported into the text pane. Of course, it’s not expected that it render it exactly, but simply that any basic text be imported, even as plain text if need be.

Thanks, and good job on a nice app!

I agree that that would be nice, but I don’t quite understand what you mean by importing an iCal event. How do you do that?

I guess I should have been a bit more specific. If an appointment is dragged in from iCal and dropped onto one of the folders in EagleFiler, that the information contained therein be shown in the bottom pane. This could also work with vCards dragged from Address Book and dropped into EF.

I figured that’s what you were doing, but for some reason dragging out of iCal wasn’t working for me yesterday. I’ll add better display (and searching) of events to the to-do list.

Agreed.

EagleFiler 1.3 added support for display events and contacts (vCards).