Error message - filedescriptor out of range in select

I get an “internal error while adding files to library” message when trying to import all my data files. The rest of the message is ValueError: filedescriptor out of range in select(). This may be occurring while trying to add some old wordperfect files (can’t be sure though). In any case, I can click ok and EagleFiler seems to carry on. Is this going to cause problems with my library? I’m trying to import about 3 gigs of multi-year data. So far, the import has taken over 8 hours and it is not done yet. I’d rather not have to reimport my historical data again.

Now, I’m getting this error on every file that is trying to be imported so I can’t blame wordperfect files

Which version of EagleFiler do you have? This happened with 1.0.x, but I thought I fixed it in 1.1. It’s probably not related to the particular kinds of files, but rather to the number of files and how they are organized into folders. If you could describe the folder layout and also send your ~/Library/Logs/EagleFiler/EagleFiler.log file to eaglefiler@c-command.com I’ll try to fix this ASAP.

If a particular file imports without error it’s probably fine, but keeping track of which ones those are will be a pain. So it would probably be easier for me to resolve this in EagleFiler, and then you’ll be able to just import everything in one go.

I believe this is fixed in EagleFiler 1.1.1.