Entourage Import Problems in 1.4.8

Michael,

I am testing out EF 1.4.8 and I have had some difficulty in importing Entourage mailboxes, both through drag and drop and using the capture key. I succeeded in importing some mailboxes but not with others. In some cases I received an Applescript timeout error, and in other cases I received another Applescript error (see attached error messages).

However, it appears that if I drag and drop the relevant mbox to the Finder and then from the Finder into EF, the import will work, as mentioned by the previous poster.

I am running Snow Leopard on a Mac Pro early 2008 and Entourage 2008 (latest version).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew

It sounds to me like your Entourage database may be damaged. Please try rebuilding it using the Microsoft Database Utility.

Thank you for your quick reply. I thought the same thing and so rebuilt my database in Entourage, but this is not the issue as the error still occurs.

Which error still occurs? The second one seems to be related to messages with attachments that might not be stored properly in Entourage. So there may be a particular message that’s causing the error, and if you skipped that one you’d be able to import the other messages.