EagleFiler to GMail

Hello,

I need to move my mail archives that are in EagleFiler into GMail. What is the simplest way to proceed? I was thinking of importing the messages into Apple Mail then move them using it, but I’m not sure it’s the simplest path.

Thanks,

Alan

Yes, I think that’s the simplest unless someone’s written a utility to directly upload mbox files to Gmail.

OK, it seems to be working. It’s a bit manipulation intensive (reveal the mailbox in Finder, import it into mail, move the messages to the GMail imap account…), but it gets the job done.

Well, you could also point Mail at a folder in EagleFiler to import a whole hierarchy of mbox files.

Oh, yeah, I did not think of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve been slowing importing things into Mail, but there are some mailboxes that end up empty. I don’t see an error (neither in Mail nor in the Console). Have you seen this before? (I can send you the mailbox if you want, it’s quite small.)

I have not seen that before. Please e-mail me the mailbox, and I’ll take a look.

I’ve just emailed it, thanks.

Thanks. The file looks OK to me. It imports properly into Entourage, Mailsmith, PowerMail, and, of course, EagleFiler. I think it’s a bug that (a) Mail cannot import from this mailbox, and (b) it doesn’t report any errors.

Well, I guess I’ll have to install Thunderbird to get it into gmail. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Alan

So I finally managed to deal with this: I installed Thunderbird and this extension for it (to import mbox files) http://www.nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the follow-up!