Unread tag question

After reading an item, why does the unread tag remain?

Thanks,

doug

“unread” is a built-in tag, so it’s always present. If you don’t want to see it in the source list, you could drag it inside another tag to hide it.

I mean, why does an individual item retain its “unread” tag even after I read the item? Why doesn’t the item’s unread tag get deleted since its been read?

Thanks,

doug

The current design is that records remain unread until you remove the “unread” tag, e.g. by clicking the Read button or choosing Record > Mark as Read. The reason for this is that I did not want there to be any confusion. For example, messages in Mail are generally short, so it makes sense to mark them as read when you click on them. But if you click on a 50-page PDF and EagleFiler displays the first page, should that automatically mark it as read? What if you open the PDF in Preview? I think a good case can be made either way, so at some point there will probably be a preference for this.

I see the logic of what you are saying and that a case could be made either way.

Depending on how a user makes use of EF a preference at some point might be nice.

Thanks,

doug