Question: How can I change the folder icons?

Hello,

I’m new to EagleFiler, and had a question: Is it possible for me to change the icons for the folders in the Library so that they are more visually helpful instead of a column of similar-looking folders? For example, can I change the folder icon for my “Documents” folder to a generic document icon? If so, how?

I see in the manual that there’s a screenshot of a custom folder for “Programming.”

Thanks,

• hoju

Yes, you can Get Info on the folder in the Finder, click on the generic folder icon, and then paste your desired icon.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m familiar with how to change icons, but I should have been clearer with my question. I think I understand now that I can just change the icons of the folders in the EagleFiler library that are created by the app in my Documents folder.

My confusion arose from the explicit instructions in the manual that changes to the library should be made from within EagleFiler and not the Finder, but I guess this is the exception?

I’d appreciate confirmation of this before I go mucking about and screw something up.

Regards,

• hoju

Right.

The rules list what you can do and what you should not do. Generally speaking, editing is fine, but you should not move, rename, or delete files/folders except from within EagleFiler.