Feature Request - CSV export of fields

I have a massive amount of files and am considering archiving my less frequently used files in EagleFiler libraries on off line storage.

It would be wonderful to be able to export a CSV or Excel file of all of the information in the EagleFiler fields including things like title, author, comments, etc. so I could keep this on my laptop for quick reference.

What are you trying to do with the information? Perhaps it would be better to leverage the automatic XML metadata backup.

Thanks for your response
Michael,

Thanks for your amazingly rapid response!

It sounds like I might be able to make XML work for me although I’m not familiar with the structure. I haven’t done much programming since my FORTRAN and BASIC programming back in the days of Lisa’s, Apple IIs, Commodor 64s, etc. (yes I am that ancient - comma separated ascii was state of the art stuff back then).

Basically, I want to be able to archive my engineering library of infrequently used PDF files to off-line storage. I’d like to have a database about the files (titles, tags, comments, etc.) that I can take with me (perhaps using Handbase on the Iphone). When a problem comes up that I need information to solve, I can search the database and see if I have any references on the subject. A lot of the stuff is really valuable to me - hand written notes from experts on various engineering problems, etc.

Michael,

First, let me thank you for your amazingly rapid response!

It sounds like I might be able to make XML work for me although I’m not familiar with the structure. I haven’t done much programming since my FORTRAN and BASIC programming back in the days of Lisa’s, Apple IIs, Commodor 64s, etc. (yes I am that ancient - comma separated ascii was state of the art stuff back then).

I’m a consultant and have a massive engineering library. A lot of the stuff is really valuable to me - hand written notes from experts on various engineering problems, etc. It takes up a lot of space because it’s a PDF graphic file. I can’t be scanned with handwriting recognition software because it’s mostly equations and stuff. So the solution is to add descriptive titles and key words in metadata.

Even though these documents are irreplaceable, I rarely need them. So I want to be able to archive them to off-line storage for safety and space reasons. But I would like to have a database (titles, tags, comments, etc.) that I can take with me on my laptop (or perhaps even the iphone using Handbase ) and look up reference material when a problem comes up. A CSV file could be easily imported into Handbase, Bento, Excel, etc.

Thanks for explaining. I agree that for this type of use a CSV file would be more useful. So I’ve written an AppleScript for exporting in CSV format.

Michael,

Thanks so much. Your product is rock solid and your technical support is amazingly fast. It doesn’t get any better than this! I’ll take every opportunity to recommend your product to all of my Mac owning friends.

Thanks again,

Jack