Console commit warnings, long delays / hangs

Sometimes Mail seems to hang during Mail processing when I check for new Mail. It just sits there and new inbox items don’t show up, even when there are a lot of them in the queue.

My impression is that Mail is waiting for SpamSieve to do its thing. I don’t know if it’s related, but I also get a lot of these messages when the problem appears:

16.11.08 16.11 12:21:18 SpamSieve com.apple.console Warning Commit error: Couldn’t commit because cannot start a transaction within a transaction

Is there some DB file I can repair or delete to get rid of these messages and hopefully of the delays?

Please try holding down the Command and Option keys when launching SpamSieve and then click Reset History.

I think that did the trick, and I get the impression that checking mail completes much faster now, also when there are no new messages in any of the accounts.

I can’t tell for sure yet because I don’t have much new mail right now. I’ll keep an eye on it and if it turns out that the problem is still there, I’ll post to this thread again.

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: