Info Panel

Hi all,

I have a few questions/observations around the Info Panel:

Should the URL field be called “Source URL” to be consistent with the AppleScript definition of URL vs. Source URL?

Should the URL field be editable? I’ve created a simple AppleScript (pasted below) to edit the field so it’s not a big deal, but just wondering on the rationale for not making it editable.

Is it possible to display same fields that are available in the column options in the Info Panel? I think the only ones missing are “#”, “Container”, and “Kind”. It makes it easier for me to show very few columns in the list view but easily see details in the panel.

AppleScript for editing the Source URL:

tell application "EagleFiler"
	set dialogResult to display dialog "URL:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK" cancel button "Cancel"
	set theRecords to selected records of browser window 1
	repeat with theRecord in theRecords
		set (source URL of theRecord) to (text returned of dialogResult)
	end repeat
end tell

It is displaying the source URL, but I think that’s clear from the context. I didn’t want to make the window wider just for that.

I thought it was more important to make it clickable than editable. The source URL is not read-only, but neither is it meant to change. It’s supposed to represent where the document came from.

The Kind is shown below the filename. Where would you suggest showing the # and Container?

Ah yes, I see the URL situation. Makes sense and I don’t often need to change it. It’s only useful when I clip bits of text into a note rather than web archive the entire page. I suppose it’d be easy enough to write an AppleScript that will do the work for me - although I don’t know enough about AppleScript or Safari to know if I can programmatically copy and paste with the formatting intact.

The container is the one that I’d really like to see, but thought # for consistency sake.