importing mail with attachments from Mail.app

Hi,

I’ve got a couple of folders in Mail.app that I want to import into EF. Each has a couple of hundred mails, some with attachments. How do I make sure that attachments are downloaded before I start the import, so that they are moved into EF together with the mails?

Any good tips when starting to use EF as a mail archive? My IMAP account are full to the brim and need some more room.

Have I understood things right, that EF are storing mails in a standard mailbox-format that’s readable by other apps as well?

/Anders

Make sure that you have “Keep copies of messages for offline viewing: All messages and their attachments” selected in Mail’s preferences. Mail will probably have downloaded all the attachments already. If not, EagleFiler will warn you about which ones are missing when importing. In that case (if you care about the attachments in question), delete the mailbox from EagleFiler, open the message in Mail to force it to download its attachments, and then import the mailbox again.

What sort of tips are you looking for? I think it’s pretty straightforward: import the messages to EagleFiler, and delete them from Mail.

Correct.

Importing Mail Folders & Contents
I tried following the directions in this thread. I got an error message as shown in the screen shot I’ve attached. Not sure how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance.

Jerry

Importing Mail Folders & Contents
I discovered that I get error messages only when importing from the mail box that is on the Exchange Server. Mac Mail and the On My Mac import fine as described by selecting and pressing the capture key.

Now I wonder how to do the same with the mail on the Exchange Server that is visible in Mac Mail as an account.

Thank you.

Jerry

EagleFiler 1.4.9 does not support capturing from Exchange mailboxes in Apple Mail. If you’d like to try a pre-release version of EagleFiler that can do this, please contact me via e-mail.

EagleFiler 1.4.10 can capture Exchange messages from Apple Mail.