OmniOutliner: No Quicklook despite plugin?

Hi! Version 3.7 of OmniOutliner finally comes with Quicklook support. Still, EagleFiler doesn’t seem to make use of that plugin and is still just showing the icon in the preview pane …

Thanks!

Chris

Quick Look plug-ins can generate previews (what you see in the Finder’s Quick Look window) and thumbnails (what you see as icons in the Finder, though they can be much larger than icon-size). OmniOutliner 3.7rc1 only generates previews, and non-Apple applications only have access to the thumbnails, so that’s why you only see the generic icon in EagleFiler’s viewer.

I’ve asked Apple to let developers access the previews, and I’ve asked the OmniGroup to make their plug-in generate thumbnails. I suggest that other people who want these features do the same.

Bummer! Together manages to display a preview without apparent problems … %-)

Well, thanks anyway!

Together is using the OS’s private programming interfaces, which Apple specifically tells developers to avoid. Private API is undocumented and unsupported, so there are no guarantees that it will work as expected (rather than show a stale or unrelated preview, or crash or cause data loss) or that it will work consistently (or even exist) from version to version.

EagleFiler 1.4 adds a Quick Look command, which lets you open a separate window with a full Quick Look preview.