Incorrect DropDMG configuration in Automator app

I have a Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.2. I’m not a programmer and dabble in Automator. I created a simple Automator app (saved as app, not a workflow) and everything works great except for DropDMG’s selection of the correct configuration file. I use the app to backup my personal data profiles in apps like Firefox and created a configuration called DataBackup. I specified DataBackup in the Automator Action. But if I run the app after using DropDMG for other purposes then my backup app uses the last configuration instead of the selected configuration (DataBackup). Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the report. This was not a known problem, but now I’ve been able to reproduce it with Mac OS X 10.5.2. The workflow works fine within Automator, but not when you save the workflow as an application. It does work properly on 10.4.x, however. I’m not sure, at this point, whether it’s a bug in DropDMG or Automator, but I’ll investigate some more and try to find a fix.

Thanks
I have the app scheduled to run every night and it’s a pain when I forget to set DropDMG to the right config file.

Keep up the great work with DropDMG. It’s one of my ‘most used’ apps.

This is fixed in DropDMG 2.8.5.