spam attachments in Eudora

Just when I thought it couldn’t get more evil, my spam now comes with attachments. Is there a way to have these attachments automatically trashed, or downloaded to a different place than where Eudora puts the attachments from legit email?

(For instance: right now I have attachments just go to my Desktop. Lately it’s getting blanketed with junk attachments. Can I have the junk attachments go to a “Trash Me” folder, or right to the Trash?)

I tried this Eudora filter: If incoming has Junk Score > 70, Move Attachments to “Trash Me.” But it doesn’t work – I’m guessing because SpamSieve grabs the spam before the filter can run?

Mac OS 10.4, Eudora 6.2.3 Paid, SpamSieve 2.6.3. Thanks for any tips!

Not that I’m aware of. However perhaps you could use the Trash attachments with messages option so that the spammy attachments will be deleted when you delete the corresponding messages.

Eudora doesn’t apply filters to messages that a junk plug-in (such as SpamSieve) classified as spam.

However perhaps you could use the Trash attachments with messages option so that the spammy attachments will be deleted when you delete the corresponding messages.

I didn’t want to do this because of how it would affect my legit mail attachments, but because you linked to the Eudora help for that feature, I looked and learned that legit attachments are safe if you move them from the download location. So – I think that would indeed help, and thank you for going the extra mile in your reply!