Splitting up an existing library

When I first started playing around with EagleFiler, I created just one library called ‘Eagle,’ which has ended up with five subfolders in it. I’ve decided that it’ll probably make more sense if I split those up – one library should have e-mail and text file miscellany, and another should be my ‘bookshelf’ (permanently-stored books, articles, recipes, etc.). What’s the easiest way to do that? Export the ones I want to split off and drag them into a new library (or thinking about it, just drag them in the Finder into the new library, which might be easier for the mail archive), and rename the old one? (And for that matter, can I easily rename an existing library?)

Dragging from the Finder would probably be the easiest way. However, I recommend that you wait until the next version of EagleFiler (which will be out soon). It will let you drag directly from one library window to another, and it will preserve all of the metadata (tags, notes, custom titles, etc.) when doing so. With EagleFiler 1.1.6, the import would treat the files as regular files and not import the EagleFiler-specific data (since it isn’t stored in the files themselves).

Yes, just don’t do it while it’s open.

As of EagleFiler 1.2, the easiest way is to drag and drop the files from one library window to another.