tag-as-you-type

I was wondering is the following would be possible: tag-as-you-type?

What is have in mind is an option whereby I switch to tag-mode in EagleFiler. I then select a file, and when I start typing a pop-up automatically appears with tags suggestions. I select the tag I want, press ‘enter’ and the tag is added and the next file is selected. When done, I switch to ‘normal’ mode again.

This would make batch tagging different files a lot faster.

I don’t really understand how that would work if you wanted to assign multiple tags to a file. Also, I’m not really a fan of modes.

I think the natural way to do this with EagleFiler is to use the tags bar with auto-completion and use Command-Control-Down (i.e. View > Next Record) to advance to the next record without leaving the tags bar. This doesn’t work properly in 1.1.6, but I think it will be convenient once fixed.

What will work in 1.1.6 is if you use the Tags inspector and click on its title bar to give it focus. You can set it to sort by name. Then start typing the name of a tag to select it, and press Spacebar to assign the tag. When you want to move on to the next record, press Command-Control-Down.

Thank you - gave your suggestion a try for a while and it does indeed work. I just wasn’t aware op this option.

This is fixed in EagleFiler 1.2.