Can't train one address as "good"

Spamsieve keeps reading a specific “from” address as spam. I have tried to train it, but to no avail. AND it is my wifes address!
What to do?
SK

As a general rule, if it looks like SpamSieve is continuing to do something really stupid, it probably isn’t doing what you think it’s doing and there’s a setup problem. In this case, my guess is that SpamSieve is not, in fact, classifying these messages as spam. The first step is to examine SpamSieve’s log. Does it say “Predicted: Good” or “Predicted: Spam” for the messages from your wife? If so, what does it say for the “Reason”?

If it says “Predicted: Spam,” then the reason should provide some information as to why SpamSieve thought the message was spam.

If it says “Predicted: Good,” that means SpamSieve thought the message wasn’t spam, but since it ended up in the spam folder you must have some other rule, below the SpamSieve one, that moved it there.

If there is no “Predicted” entry, then you should check the setup to make sure your mail program is showing SpamSieve all the messages. Also, there may be another rule that moved the message to the spam folder.

Re: Can’t train one address as “good”
I am having the exact same problem (and it is my wife’s email!) I am going to try checking the log per Michael’s suggestion.

Did you ever get your’s worked out?

Re: Can’t train one address as “good”
Okay,

I found her email in the log and it shows that I manually trained as good (which I did). However, when it puts it in the SPAM folder it has no color identifier and is the only one marked as unread. (just white bkgd) and it is the only one. When I “Train as good” it moves it back out to my inbox. The only odd thing is that in the log it does not show a “From:” field, which the other entries show. She is in my address book and I have Mail.app’s Junk mail filtering turned off.

See excerpt from log below:

=====================================================================
Trained: Spam (Manual)
Subject: radio
Identifier: 9cd419GpdwvgkMbaMans/Q==
Actions: added to Spam corpus (2635)
Date: 2007-02-21 16:25:28 -0600

Trained: Good (Manual)
Subject: radio
Identifier: 9cd419GpdwvgkMbaMans/Q==
Actions: added to Good corpus (1762), removed from Spam corpus (2634)
Date: 2007-02-21 16:26:19 -0600

Subject: Re: radio
Identifier: mwxbQUTwT8UgMWKMvsweew==
Actions: added to Good corpus (1763)
Date: 2007-02-21 16:56:37 -0600

Subject: Re: radio
Identifier: xXDsh4DvnRBkzwOVw5uKHA==
Actions: added to Good corpus (1764)
Date: 2007-02-21 17:36:44 -0600

It sounds to me like SpamSieve didn’t think the message was spam. Did you see a “Predicted: Spam” entry for it in the log? If not, that’s why.

There might be something wrong with your rules in Apple Mail. If you e-mail me the file:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/MessageRules.plist

I’ll take a look.

Only “Predicted” (rather than “Trained”) log entries show the “From:” field.