Default Settings?

I’m using SpamSieve with OS X 10.4’s Mail application. Install went fine, training is putting the spam in a folder called “Spam” that I created on the local machine. However, I’m using this in conjunction with a .Mac account and when SpamSieve chooses to move a suspected spam message to a spam folder, it’s using the IMAP “Spam” folder on the .Mac server.

I don’t get why this is happening. Training puts the message in the folder I created, but actual filtering moves it to a different folder on the mail server. Is there a setting I need to change? I never said to do this.

When answering the questions related to “SpamSieve - Change Settings”, what are the defaults? Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

-Dan

The destination for filtered spam messages is chosen in the SpamSieve rule that you created in Mail.

• Which mailbox should spam messages be moved to when you use “Train as Spam”? Spam

• Should messages marked using “Train as Spam” be stored in a local spam mailbox (rather than on the server)? Yes

• Should “Train as Spam” mark the messages as read? No

• When you use “Train as Good” on a message in the spam mailbox, should the message be moved back to the inbox? Yes

• When you use “Train as Good” on a message in the spam mailbox, should the message be marked as unread?" Yes

• Should incoming spam messages be colored according to how spammy they are (darker means more spammy)? Yes