SpamSieve identifies all as junk

I have aabout 100 messages in the corpus and SpamSieve seems to be doing pretty well identifying actual spam and moving it to the right folder. The problem is, it is identifying everything as junk, including mail from persons in my address book and repeat messages from others that I keep re-labelling as “good.” It doesn’t identify anything as good. What am I doing wrong?

You can confirm this by looking at the log, but it sounds to me like there’s a setup problem such that good messages are being moved to the spam folder even though SpamSieve didn’t think that they were spam. Please check that the rule(s) in your mail program are setup exactly as shown in the manual.

As near as I can tell, I’ve set it up exactly as directed. I have Entourage v. X, though, and the directions for it are a bit vague.

Please send some screenshots and the log file to spamsieve@c-command.com so that I can see how you have it set up.

The problem is that your Entourage rule had an extra action that said “Set category Junk.” This will have the effect of marking every message as junk. Removing that extra action so that the rule looks like the one shown here will fix the problem.